Commercial real estate is any non-residential property used for commercial purposes. Commercial real estate consists of office, industrial, retail, multifamily, hotels, land, and special purpose properties.
Commercial Land Sector in Texas
Investors are buying up commercial land that is in the path of future development in Amarillo and other Texas metros. Whether it is undeveloped greenfield acreages. Urban infill plots that was once developed to an extent but now are vacant. As well as brownfield land that requires significant cleanup because of environmental concerns. Investors are finding gems, especially among brownfield and urban infill land. These types of commercial real estate are highly prized especially among environmentally conscious investors.
Positive Things Happening in the Commercial Land Market
It is hard to predict what your return on investment will be when you purchase property. Thankfully, there are resources available to investors in the market for land real estate. We recommend that you get the essential property information such as the following before making any deals:
- Research land ownership and evaluate recent comparable property transactions
- Conduct due diligence including environmental restrictions
- Search vacant lots based on area, size, and use
The REALTORS® Land Institute and the National Association of REALTORS® release a Land Market Survey every year to help commercial land investors understand market trends. This kind of information is helpful on a macro level and Mays is uniquely positioned to help you make an informed decision in Amarillo and other metro markets in Texas, especially those along the I-35 corridor.
Amarillo Land for Sale: 10 Reasons for Why You Should Be Investing in Commercial Land
It comes as no surprise that overall prices of property across all sectors is increasing and the average time on the market for a piece of acreage is shrinking, especially in metro markets like Amarillo, Lubbock, Midland, Odessa, Dallas, Fort Worth, Waco, Temple, Georgetown, Round Rock, Austin, and San Antonio.
Seth Williams says, “Vacant land is one of the most overlooked and misunderstood real estate investments in the world.” He gives ten reasons why you should be investing in land.
- Once you buy it, it sits there.
- No cantankerous tenants to mess with.
- Vacant track owners are motivated to sell.
- Very little buyer competition.
- Also investors are in the driver’s seat.
- Do your research and you can buy property site unseen.
- Add seller financing and expand your income potential.
- Think long-term investment and land becomes very inexpensive.
- Buy it right, and your investment won’t depreciate in value.
- Last we heard, they aren’t making any more of it.
Mays Provides the Background Comps
Mays provides vital information to help you make an informed decision regarding your commercial real estate investment. We give you useful data about the construction of the property, such as the year the property was built, if there have been any updates to construction, as well as unit sizes. We provide ratios of rental and vacancy rates to ensure the location is a proper investment for potential buyers. In addition, Mays locates information about licensing and operating expenses of the property and looks out for possible competition in the surrounding area. Along with this, we provide a variety of reports:
- Market Reports: Detailed research on market shifts, changes in technology, and the economy near the property.
- Submarket Reports: Data on specific submarkets or neighborhoods within a specific metro market.
- Metro Reports: Historical trends that are a foundation for any precise market analysis.
- Rent Comps: Rent comps help investors evaluate property performance as compared to its competitors.
- Sales Comps: See properties similar to the one you want and find out what they have sold for before making financial decisions.
- New Construction Comps: Stay informed about upcoming, completed, or current projects that are under construction in the area they you are looking to purchase property.
Information and Resources for Mays in Amarillo, TX
For more information about the resources we offer commercial real estate property investors, see Mays Market Reports and Mays Property Reports. Or if you need specific information or have a question, visit our Question and Answers or Contact us.
Nobody knows the secrets of profitable land investing in Amarillo better than Mays, we’ve been doing it since 1951. Finally for more information about how to get the ball rolling for you on buying or selling your next land deal, contact us today.
Williams, S. (2018). 10 Rock-Solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land.
Friedrich, J. (2017). Is Now a Good Time to Buy Land?