Mays was founded in Amarillo, Texas in 1951 with one guiding purpose, to build a company of advisors known for exceptional integrity. Our client services include disposition, acquisition, project leasing, tenant representation, asset management, and consulting services.
Acquisition Services in Amarillo, TX
Mays commercial real estate acquisition/procurement involves a markedly winning step-by-step process of gaining ownership, control or an interest in real estate property in Texas. We are committed to acquiring high-quality assets that meet the functional needs of a specifically targeted tenant. These assets must be in performing market and in the best possible locations for the specified purpose of the commercial property.
Mays Commercial Real Estate Acquisition Process
At Mays, we undertake a six-step approach to acquiring commercial real estate for our clients.
- Strategy: Firstly after a thorough analysis of your needs and objectives, we create a strategy to achieve your investment goals. We put into consideration your risk profile, realized earning goals, active participation parameters, expertise threshold, capacity, and liquidity biases.
- Research: Basically armed with a solid investment battle plan, we begin researching potential opportunities that match your strategy. Our research includes grassroots shaking the bushes to see what is available in a local market and sophisticated national database research.
- Marketing: Also we help you create an investment profile and begin marketing you appropriately to communicate to sellers and brokers your asset preferences and investment advantages.
- Selection: We match properties that meet your investment strategy and profile. We assist you in selecting the ideal commercial real estate investment and work to get signed agreements based on terms and conditions that meet your expectations.
- Due Diligence: Background information such as valuations, market factors, property reports, surveys and so forth are presented to you in advance of making an acquisition to assist you in making an informed purchase.
- Acquisition: Lastly we work with you and the sellers to finalize the closing and transfer of title for your new property.
Mays Provides the Background Comps
Mays provides vital information to help you make an informed decision regarding your commercial real estate investment. We give you useful data about the construction of the property, such as the year the property was built, if there have been any updates to construction, as well as unit sizes. We provide ratios of rental and vacancy rates to ensure the location is a proper investment for potential buyers. Mays locates information about licensing and operating expenses of the property. We look out for possible competition in the surrounding area. We certainly provide a variety of reports:
- Market Reports: Firstly detailed research on market shifts, changes in technology, and the economy near the property.
- Submarket Reports: Data on specific submarkets or neighborhoods within a specific metro market.
- Metro Reports: Historical trends that are a foundation for any precise market analysis.
- Rent Comps: Rent comps help investors evaluate property performance as compared to its competitors.
- Sales Comps: See properties similar to the one you want and find out what they have sold for before making financial decisions.
- New Construction Comps: All in all stay informed about upcoming, completed, or current projects that are under construction in the area they you are looking to purchase property.
Information and Resources for Mays in Amarillo, TX.
For more information about the resources we offer commercial real estate property investors, see Mays Market Reports and Mays Property Reports. Or if you need specific information or have a question, visit our Questions and Answers or Contacts.
Why Choose Mays?
- Solid sales and Amarillo commercial real estate experience
- We also have experience other metro markets in Texas
- Motivated, disciplined and accountable to our clients
- Talk the jargon of commercial real estate brokers, owners, CPAs and attorneys. Strong presentation and communication skills
- Build relationships and create a pipeline of deals
- Especially highly creative in making commercial real estate deals
- High conversion rate from leads to acquisitions
- Tenacity to keep a deal alive, look at every angle, and exceed the expectations of our clients
- Accountable to high activity levels and getting results
- Proficient at number crunching, financial calculations, valuations, and tax issues
- Unmatched expertise in 1031 Exchanges
- Furthermore broker or agent services available
- Works well with others, able to create and maintain collegial relationships, and Texas friendly
- Enthusiastic, persevering, and comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Positive, can-do, up-beat, get-er-done attitude
- Finally happy clients, excellent references, great results
The Welfont Group, LLC. (2018). Commercial Real Estate Acquisition by the Welfont Group.
Red Tail Acquisitions. (2018). Red Tail Acquisitions | Commercial Real Estate Acquisitions.
SimonCRE. (2018). Commercial Real Estate Acquisitions | SimonCRE.